Monday, November 4, 2013

Ceramics

6th, 7th, and 8th grade students have been working hard finishing their clay pieces. 6th grade worked with patterns and formal balance (symmetry) to create mandalas. 7th grade created a functional piece of pottery hand building these beautiful coil pots! 8th grade created a more sculptural design building these ceramic hands in clay and complementing them with an object of choice. I was so impressed with all my middle school artists! It was a lot of work for all involved and a lot of clay dust, but it was worth it! Stayed tuned to see these pieces glazed...













5 comments:

  1. This is CAJ and I see pretty three dimensional shapes,swirls

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how they made them
    KW=period2

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.C I really like how they are made. They are kind of like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see mine! they are very symmetrical!

    ReplyDelete